Dear IGS Members,
Your presence is very much needed at the IGS Library, 1310 W. Magnolia Blvd. in Burbank (cross street = Griffith Park; park behind in spaces off the alley). With all the disruptions in Ventura County, it may be hard for other members to reach the meeting — at which we vote for the incoming Board of Directors!! So by coming, if you can, you help us reach our threshhold number of participants.
And, come early and stay late for research. We will have computers available, and this weekend there is the option of free research on several pay sites. That’s been advertised on several genealogical pages and blogs, but here is the information as passed along by the Germans in St. Louis group, thanks to Kathy Wurth (who summarized it well!):
“…this weekend has quite a few “free weekends” from some genealogy pay sites. They are:
“MyHeritage Miltary Records – Nov. 8 -12
“Find my Past Free Access – Nov. 9 -12
“Fold3 Native American Records – Nov 1 -15
“NEHGS All Databases – Nov 6 – 13 American Ancestors and New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) are granting free access to more than 1.4 billion names within its data-rich online records. https://www.americanancestors.org/free-billion”
If you haven’t checked out Kathy’s group, and are a German genealogist, you owe it to yourself to visit the site, here.
- A Day of DNA with Blaine Bettinger & Kitty Cooper
- “Our Immigrant Story” in The San Diego Union-Tribune
- The Jewish Community of Galicia
- Astrid Adler’s speaking engagements for October!!
- Ventura County Gen. Soc. Annual Seminar October 20th
- Late Notice: “Practice Safe Computing” presentation
- Late notice: German-Texan Heritage Society 2018 Annual Conference
- Presentation: Documenting the Vilna Ghetto Library
- Our Ralph’s Community ID has changed!
- 2019 Conference in Sacramento
- Ahnenforscher Stammtisch Unna